Saturday, March 13, 2010

Don't try this with your point and shoot camera!

This impressive kitchen posed one of the toughest challenges I have faced in a long time. The house was perched on a hill in West Van with a stunning view of the Lower Mainland. The day was sunny and bright, and I tried for half an hour to get a shot of the room showing the great view out the window. But as you can see, the room was full of dark furniture and appliances, which looks great in person but was impossible to shoot. I used every flash I had with me and still couldn't get enough light to expose the room and the view in the same shot. Rather than resort to a double exposure in Photoshop, I turned the camera around and shot the room with the window behind me, and shot the window view in a different image.

No comments: